I have these gigantic 3 ft by 2 ft calendars on my wall to see all of our activities and events for the upcoming three months. Since today was June 1, I took down my May calendar, and put up the July and August calendars… And then it hit me. I’m not even going to be working at BUILD in August! My last day at the org is July 16, and I have about seven weeks left at this organization that I called home for five years. A few days after my last day at BUILD, I’m driving down to Las Vegas to spend time with my family, and then flying to Boston to find an apartment. Crazy.
Over the last few days I’ve been trying to brainstorm all of the things I want to do/get done in the Bay Area before I leave, so below is my audacious (narrowed down) list of fun things to do. If you are around and available, please join me!
Fun things to do before I leave
- Pacifica Beach Trip: Surfing & L&L Hawaiian BBQ
- Napa Wine Tasting
- SF Pride!
- Mistro (Mission/Castro) Crawl: Mission mural tour, picnic at Dolores Park, Castro Slides
- Yoga Classes: Darren Main, Janet Stone, Rusty Wells, Pete Guinosso, Dina Amsterdam & of course, Eric Kobrick‘s Yoga en Espanol in preparation for Spain trip
- Golden Gate Park & Presidio: Yoda Statue & CA Academy of Sciences
- Hiking: Muir Woods, Mt. Diablo
- Singing: Karaoke at the Mint (which is a given!), SFGMC Pride Concert
My Favorite Restaurants
- Back-A-Yard in Menlo Park
- Cha Cha Cha in the Mission
- Sushi Time in the Castro
- Sol Food in San Rafael
- Front Porch in Bernal Heights
- El Zocalo in Bernal Heights
- Zante’s Indian Pizza in Bernal Heights
- Taqueria Cancun in the Mission
New Restaurants that I want to check out
- Lucky Chance’s Filipino Buffet in Colma
- Mission Pie in the Mission
- Thanh Long in the Sunset
- Pi in the Mission
Anything else I need to add to this already ridiculously long list? And again, join me!
As per usual during the summers, not only is it going to be filled with sunshine and renewal, but also a lot of traveling.
Tentative Summer Plans
- June 12 – BUILD Graduation
- June 24 – SFGMC Pride Concert
- June 26-27 – SF’s 40th Pride
- July 7-11 – College Summit Workshop at University of the Pacific
- July 14-16 – BUILD All-Staff Retreat
- July 16 – Last Day at BUILD
- July 20 – Last Day in SF
- July 21 – Drive to Las Vegas for Faustino Family Time
- July 28 – Fly to Boston
- August 4-8 – College Summit Workshop at University of Southern California – Also my Rap Director Certification workshop!
- August 10-22 – Trip to Spain’s Mediterranean Coast with Karla
- August 24 – Harvard Kennedy School Orientation
- September 1 – First Day of School!