Leap & Land
2010 is the year of leaping into the unknown and landing into the next great challenge. It’s about taking risks, following your heart, listening to the universe, and opening your eyes to the signs that are guiding you to the next level. I don’t think 2010 is going to be easy.
I think 2010 is going to be a very practical year–a year of rolling up our sleeves and getting things done. If you think of 2009 as the year of preparation, then 2010 is the year of action. And we all know that sometimes it’s not easy to take action. Fear, self-doubt, and distractions will get in the way. But whatever is in store for us in 2010, know that we were born to be there and to take them on.
So I propose that we all take a leap this year. Leave procrastination and fear back in 2009. Do something that you may have been too afraid to do or that you’ve been putting off. Open up your options, make some positive choices, and do something for yourself. Take a leap, and I promise you that you’ll land somewhere amazing.
As I do every year during my reflection time, I started by re-examining my goals and values from last year and then brainstorming new goals that fit with my revised personal values. I did not change my personal values at all and have created 10 new goals for 2010.
- Challenging Adventures – I live for new and challenging experiences, whether that’s professionally or personally, with others or in another country. The thrill of adventure stimulates my soul.
- Contribution to the World – I live to make lasting, positive impacts on society’s most pressing problems.
- Expressing Creativity – Being able to express myself artistically, musically or professionally keeps me inspired.
- Lifelong Learning – I love to learn. I am energized by the steady and deliberate journey from ignorance to competence to mastery.
- Quality – I choose to live a full and quality life, which is neither excessive nor is it below my standards of excellence.
- Family & Friends – Above all, my life is about the people I choose to journey with. They are my heart.
New Years Goals 2010
- Go on a spiritual journey
- Take a GIGANTIC risk
- Get more involved and make a positive impact in the gay community by doing some gay rights advocacy work
- Learn how to write music and then write a song
- Build something with my hands
- Continue improving my Tagalog comprehension and speaking skills
- Deepen my spiritual practice (yoga, Catholicism)
- Read at least 8 new books
- Connect with my international relatives at least once a month
- Continue spending time with family members
It’s going to be a phenomenal year, and I can’t wait to face it head on. So here’s to leaping and landing into all of the goodness in store for 2010!